Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

Last Bit of Sewing-Related Shopping for 2012...




... these last few bits I picked up today in town on the last day of 2012 (haha can't keep a girl from shopping when she needs to :)!!)...

Shopping 02

For holding water - bottles/soap dish (from 'Superdrug')... so I can save time running to the sick when I need to erase the wipe-off marker, iron-on edge tape (v. light weight) for staying curves, some general purpose scissors, some anti-moth lavender sachets to protect the fabric stash (all from 'John Lewis'), and a pretty coaster with a Liberty-print on it (from you guessed it Liberty) :)
Shopping 01


An A3 cutting mat (420 x 297 mm = 16.5 x 11.7 inches) only £3.45 - bargain! A Lino cutter printing kit set + pieces of lino (to try more at home following my visit to Crafty Pint in November where I got to try out fabric printing in one of the short workshops). Plus, a set of brushes... which I shall use not for painting - but to apply liquid fabric stabiliser to seam allowances on knit fabrics (to see if that helps me sew them a bit better !!).



Ohhh... and do please keep your eye-out for a special post from me on New Year's Day... as my little blog turns 2 year old, so I shall again be celebrating the anniversary with a GIVEAWAY. The giveaway details to follow... and it will be open to both UK and overseas entries :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm massively jealous of the mat - where on earth did you get it?

    And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel - Happy New Year to you too :)!

    @Melody Hi, I picked up the A3 cutting mat at the CASS ART shop in their Berwick Street branch in Soho. This is their website: http://www.cassart.co.uk/store-finder/ - I can't see that they sell online, so if you live in London you could pick one up in person, otherwise check out Amazon or eBay for bargains maybe ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an uber bargain on the mat! Happy New Year, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year Claire, looks like you're equipping yourself well for some great 2013 makes....

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.